Thursday, March 4, 2010

This Week

Well this has been a rather odd week.

Last Saturday I attended the funeral of a dear friend Jerrel Jeter. Jerrel was a great guy. I've known him since I was in 5th grade. He had lots of stumbles along the way after we became adults. He had finally gotten his life together, truly together and then BOOM the unexpected strikes. ILLNESS.

He had a wonderful wife, whom I didn't know but I can tell just from the short time I was around her in the past few weeks that she had helped him tremendously get on and stay on the right path. The only thing that has helped me with his passing is believing that G-d has a plan for our life. We may not know what it is or like it but it's the way it is. I can only hope that Sean, ( another friend who died about 6 years ago) was there waiting on him. Maybe he needed a friend to be there with him.

Yesterday I attended another funeral. This one was quite different. It was for Mrs. Scales who was almost 98. I can only assume that she accomplished untold amounts in her lifetime. It was a beautiful service and her family will miss her for sure, but 98 is a good long and fruitful life and I'm sure she outlived more people than I can even imagine.

No comments: