Monday, July 27, 2009

My quest to become a Jew

I can't sleep. I wake up thinking about G-d. What am I doing wrong? What am I doing right? How can I get there faster? It's the middle of the night and I should be sleeping. So to help myself I will start daily blogging about this issue in my life. I have people in Israel that are helping when I send them questions. Sent the Rabbi a very long email I'm sure he's gonna be thrilled to get that.

I should be reading Torah maybe that's why I'm awake. But instead of putting me to sleep it actually would be like picking up a really good book that I can't put down. Please G-d help me to be a better person and to have self control. I'm going back to bed but tomorrow there will be a long post about my quest up to this point.

Quick story, I go to Nashville last week. Run into a black hat Jew is all I know to call him. Never seen one before in public. I go knock on his window in his car. (probably a big fat no no) He rolls down the window. I say excuse me sir do you know where I can get kosher food.? (HG HILLS used to be there is Green Hills) He says Cincinnati and chuckles. Anyway he had a teenager in the back seat and she told me who to call. Now I don't think that is a coincidence. You tell me.

No comments: